Saturday, June 7, 2008

Doing better

So, S and I looked at my list of rules today, and discovered that I've only broken one rule this whole week!! So I've got a punishment coming for that, but I'm feeling all proud that I've only broken one. It's definitely a huge improvement for me.

Also, I had to renew my car registration this week, and I was getting close to being late, and S told me that if I didn't get it done on Tuesday, when she got home I'd be going straight over the back of the sofa and getting spanked with the belt. And wonder of wonders, it was the FIRST thing I did on Tuesday. Usually, I'd be tempted to push something like that, to see what would happen, to get a really strict punishment. But I KNEW it would be miserable. And so, I did what I was supposed to.

Doesn't seem like a huge thing, really, but I can see that I'm not going around trying to earn spankings anymore. And I like that. A lot.

6 comments:

OliviaManners said...

Hi Nic

I'm curious...what do you think has changed?

And well done for having an almost punishment free week!

Olivia

Anonymous said...

I think...and I'm not really sure on this, but what I think it is is that I've gotten a lot more confident in S, that she really really will punish me, and that she's quite willing to make the punishment severe enough that I don't want to repeat the offense.

And...I think as I've struggled to make some of these rules a habit, some of them actually HAVE become habit, which has allowed me to focus on others that are harder.

Jigsaw Analogy said...

go you! isn't it nice when all it takes is the *threat* of a spanking, and not the real thing, to get you to behave?

and this reminds me that i need to nag w to send in the paperwork to renew her driver's license (why they are making her do it just one year after receiving her license, i do not know. but there it is.)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I really surprised myself with the THREAT being enough. Usually I'm SO about pushing to see if that threat will REALLY be bad enough to make it worth it or something. But there was NO WAY I was gonna risk getting that spanking. DD for the win, on this one...

Now if only I could threaten the DMV ppl with a spanking if they don't hurry up and SEND my tags. Since I'm still driving semi-illegally without them.

And if only you could threaten w with that bathbrush...

what, spanking doesn't fix EVERYTHING???

Hermione said...

Good for you. Sounds like punishment actually works for you, and you are trying to avoid it.

Hugs,
Hermione

Anonymous said...

Hermione,

Thanks! It does *seem* to be working, though I'm clearly still having my up and down days. I definitely (at this point) am NOT wanting to earn punishments right now...and that's a nice feeling for me.