Sunday, June 29, 2008

Politics

I honestly have NO idea who I'll be voting for in November. It's possible (though I cringe to admit it here), that I'll vote for McCain. I mean, I have been a conservative most of my life.

However, I found t his video clip incredibly amusing. I may be conservative, but I recognize that some conservative concepts...are outright ridiculous.

Obama...McCain...Obama...McCain...

He loves me...He loves me not....

I have no idea. Not looking forward to Nov., honestly.

2 comments:

Jigsaw Analogy said...

My favorite bit from this is:

"I'm voting Republican because I need to be told who I can love."

"I told you!"

"Honey, I need the government to tell me."


The commercial is funny, but I don't love the way that it reinforces stereotypes about the worst of Republicans, which means that people will have knee-jerk reactions, rather than really considering the nuances of what various groups believe.

But then, I often shock my friends by saying that I would be willing to consider voting Republican if the Republican were the better candidate to represent my interests.

(But in November for me, it's Obama all the way. He's the one I've favored since sometime last year, so I'm really kind of baffled that he's actually still in the race. I mean, I preferred him when there were still about a dozen people running for the Democratic nomination!)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I don't think it's a great video as far as actually getting people to think, but it IS hella funny.

For me, it's just not about the parties anymore. And the polarity of the parties, particularly as far as the average citizens go, really concerns me.

And, I'm impressed that you called Obama that early! I don't know if he can beat McCain, but...

Oy, I think November is just gonna be UGLY this year.